300 points - all human
Megalith Games - Official Forums

300 points - all human
12-19-2012 04:23 PM
RE: 300 points - all human

Dangerousbeans Offline

.... following round you say? I'm pretty sure my card doesn't specify that although that's AWESOME.

I can't wait for bigger games too, very excited about the Priestess and Familiar but really hoping the Hill Ogres and/or Sons of War are available not too long after. Oh, also the Animated Statue, Oracle and everything else! Get on it, Megalith!
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012 05:52 PM

Fenris Offline

(12-19-2012 04:23 PM)Dangerousbeans Wrote:  .... following round you say? I'm pretty sure my card doesn't specify that although that's AWESOME.

It's clearly stated on my card. Wink

Just take a look on the last sentence.

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
12-20-2012 02:00 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

Most effects stays until the next activation of the models. See Nordgaard brews Wink

Bigger games are definitly more fun, though I doubt 500+ games are better than a 300-400 pt one. (It's hard to top tribesmen eating a moloch Big Grin)

I highly recommend proxies. (At least till there are models!)
12-20-2012 05:25 PM

Fenris Offline

I´m looking forward to playing bigger games, but I really don´t like playing with proxies. I love this game so much and I really enjoy playing with the painted models.

So, a lot of buying, assembling and painting for me. Wink

Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
12-22-2012 12:13 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Throughout all the test-playing my favorite games were 400-500 points. Other playtesters preferred 300 points because you get a fun game with a flavorful warband and it only takes a couple of hours

When you have two experienced gamers playing each other who know the rules 100% and who know most of the model rules and stats, it's realistic to play games of 700 points in a single evening (assuming you already have warbands prepared). Knowing the special rules of your troops makes the game so much faster because you never need to sit and think what to do; you always know the best plan for any situation.

I think it would be even better in large games to take a limited number of different models, like 50 Hoplites, a Demarchon and a couple of characters. That could be a damn cool game. Of course, you might need some proxies for that :-)