Banebrood Reaver subfaction 300 pts
Megalith Games - Official Forums

11-04-2012 07:02 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

Hi all,

I kinda like the background and idea of the reavers. (too bad they can't carry plagues) So I build a small list around them.

Warlord
Reaver Tyrant (46)
Chainbound Axe
- Beast Cleaver (10)
Suit of Armor
- Hornplate Armor (5)

Characters
Fallow Shaman (23)
Monstrous Mutations
- Bulging Biceps (4)
- Exoskeletion (5)

Bloodgut Ravager (28)

Units
9 Reaver Tribesmen (93)

8 Reaver Tribesmen (83)

Total: 297

Any thoughts on it?
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2012 02:54 PM
RE: Banebrood Reaver subfaction 300 pts

André Offline
Administrator

seems like a solid list! the fallow shaman will have a good chance boosting the tribesmen and thus making them much more powerful! you could also think about using a smaller unit of tribesmen and somehow squeeze in a unit of skulleaters! even fielded only as a core unit, they can be a serious threat!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2012 07:01 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Andre is right. I would always try to take a unit of Skulleaters. Even the core unit is more than enough to deal with enemy warlords and creatures (all the big and heavy guys). And with their possibillity to perform slay movement by their own they are also devestating against enemy basic units. And cause of the combination of their high ARM, LP and sub faction ability they should be able to reach the enemy, even against shooty warbands. And try the Long Legs spell Wink

As you might guess, they are one of my favorite units as the reavers are one of my favorite subfactions...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
11-08-2012 12:07 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Alternatively, stay with all the Tribesmen!

Tribesemen are great value for points! With their "eaten Alive" tactic they can take down warlords!

Definitely take the Shaman since he will get +1 for casting spells on Reavers (from Tribesmens Mutable ability).

I love horde-style warbands so I like your list. I would even drop the Bloodgut Ravager and get more Tribesmen! Yes! He costs 28 points and you have 3 points spare, so you could max-out both Tribemen units with 10 guys! That's some serious cannibal appetites!

Use your Warlord to boost them with Tyranize and Relentless tactics, and buff them with spells exoskeleton and Bulging Biceps from the Shaman.

Its not a particularly well-rounded warband, but a lot of fun to play!
11-08-2012 03:59 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

Version 2:
Warlord
Reaver Tyrant (46)
Chainbound Axe
- Beast Cleaver (10)
Suit of Armor
- Hornplate Armor (5)

Characters
Fallow Shaman (23)
Monstrous Mutations
- Bulging Biceps (4)
- Exoskeletion (5)

Bloodgut Ravager (28)

Units
9 Reaver Tribesmen (93)

4 Skulleaters (85)

Total: 299

Replaced 1 Tribesmen unit with Skulleaters because I lacked hitting power. I also thought of instead of Skulleaters, adding Fomorian Gutwrackers in order to improve my spellcasting succes on the Tribesmen (Basic mutations are cast on a 5+ on tribesmen, having to discard the lowest die of 3d6 roll means there is almost no chance of failing the spell)
11-08-2012 04:15 PM

André Offline
Administrator

I really think that´s an improvement! also the gut-hackers would fit in nicely! I would say give it a try with both! try this one first and prepare another list in which you exchange the skulleaters with the gut-hackers!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012 05:04 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Because I really like mighty warlords, I would replace 1 tribesman with more/better items (Pessian Axe and the witchweed extract or the fleshmorph draft)

11-08-2012 05:30 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

(11-08-2012 05:04 PM)Simon Wrote:  Because I really like mighty warlords, I would replace 1 tribesman with more/better items (Pessian Axe and the witchweed extract or the fleshmorph draft)

I think personally that the Beast Cleaver is better in pts vs damage. It ignores shields, and thus gives an avarage +2 strength vs most human factions. Those who don't have shields are wounded easily unough. The potion is a good idea though.
11-08-2012 05:43 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

The advantage of the plessian axe is not the POW but the 2 ACT attacks. That means one additional attack per round, or 2 attacks and some tactics. And the MIS attack has a greater range, too. The POW is not the big problem since the tyrant can reroll one damage die on every attack wich garanties a certain amount of damage. And normaly only the basic units have shields, which should be slaughtered by the tyrant anyway (if you for example charge a unit hoplites in phalanx, you kill a hoplite (after hitting him on a 5+) with a damage roll of 6+ (POW 7 while charging against ARM 8 in phalanx and 5 LP). With the reroll it should be no problem to kill him in one attack).

11-08-2012 10:23 PM

PraetorDragoon Offline

You are right. Somehow missed the act 2 :|

This changes things, a lot