What's happening with Godslayer?
Megalith Games - Official Forums

What's happening with Godslayer?
01-11-2017 09:11 PM
RE: What's happening with Godslayer?

Jacen Offline

Hey David,

how about the New Trooper Models?

I think you mentioned something about a "pre-release" without painted packaging.
I am especially asking for the Halodynes and Troglodytes Units. I have seen great picture of them on the side, I am eager to complete my forces with them Smile
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2017 06:00 PM

Don_Silvarro Offline

Interestingly, while the Facebook page has seen some updates, David hasn't logged in on these boards for almost two months now, so I'm not sure you'll get a response here.
01-14-2017 09:24 PM

Fenris Offline

(01-14-2017 06:00 PM)Don_Silvarro Wrote:  Interestingly, while the Facebook page has seen some updates, David hasn't logged in on these boards for almost two months now, so I'm not sure you'll get a response here.

That´s true. I think this board needs a bit more traffic. And a regular attendance of the game designer seems to be a good start.

Cheers,
Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
01-16-2017 11:38 AM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Aye, seems FB is more and more taking over the whole internet; what with so many smaller companies only having FB sites and the like...

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
01-16-2017 03:54 PM

Fenris Offline

Then it is upon us to take care of it. Redirect them from FB to the forum with links to the news discussions in the FB post.
And if we're participating in the forum more, possible new users might be more willing to join.
This is not meant as a complaint, just some ideas to grab some more attention.

Cheers,
Michael

Godslayer in Kaiserslautern - if you want to play in KL please contact me here or join our Forum
01-16-2017 06:24 PM

manic _miner Offline

I can imagine David being very busy with getting the new stuff ready and getting the KS ready too.Then there is all of the play testing to do.
It would be nice to see updates on the forum as i know some people dont do Facebook.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2017 09:52 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Hi Guys,

I want to update everyone on the current situation with Godslayer.

While Godslayer has slowly slid into pretty much a dormant system over the last 18 months, the re-release of the game is drawing near. This will include six Wave-2 starter-boxes plus the new Godslayer Battlebox.

BATTLEBOX
The Godslayer Battlebox will have two full warbands plus the core rules:

Godquester, Syntarch, Priestess, 10 Hoplites, new Cerberos (being sculpted)
Revised Gorelord, new Ursapine, Pestbringer, Fallow Shaman, 8 Mongrels.

The Battlebox will be A3 size, with professional foam inside so it will double as a storage box for minis.

Due to falling sales (and reduction in income from my regular job) this has meant development progress has slowed down. Sculpting 60 new miniatures is a very expensive investment! So that is why things have been taking longer.

KICKSTARTER
I have planned the Kickstarter for the end of April. Plans are for a really big Kickstarter with great deals for the wave-2 minis and battlebox, plus new Nemesis products from Labmasu, terrain deals and lots of some special edition cards for some units, warlords, items and spells.

There will also be many special deals for wave-1 warbands. Each of these will have a specific name and background and will be led by a special named warlord who is has a variant card of the regular warlord.

The Kickstarter will have lots of stretch goals, including six new mercenary models which can be used by any faction. There will also be 6 avatars, which will be high-powered models for use in games over 500 points, but can also be deployed for 1 round in smaller games.

Most of the miniatures for the Kickstarter are now sculpted. Still to be sculpted:
• Stormhorn Stagotaur
• New Cerberos
• Troglodyte Mercenary Chieftain
• Nordgaard Huscarls
• Nordgaard Gestir Captain
• 8 stretch-goal minis

There is also lots of artwork that needs to be done, but we should be able to make it in time.
For photos of the new minis, you can find them all on the Megalith-games Facebook page.

Sculpted minis already finished are:
BATTLEBOX:
New Mongrels unit
Revised Gorelord
Extra Hoplite troopers and revised spear arms for the existing ones
New Ursapine

WAVE-2 STARTERBOXES:
Amazon Peltasts unit (6 models)
Amazon Matriarch
Amazon Ranger
Fomorian Goreguard unit, with two weapon versions (6 models)
Fomorian Baleking
Mortan Provincial
Mortan Provincial auxiliaries unit with two weapon versions (6 models)
Mortan Cornicen character
Troglodyte Blackhides (5 models)
Troglodyte Woe-Chanter character
Wyldfolk Godquester
Wyldfolk Woad Brothers unit (6 models)
Wyldfolk Rhiastrad Warp-Warrior

STOCK AND WAREHOUSING
Because there were lots of problems with our shipping system in Germany due to our shipping partner down-sizing and moving warehouse twice, I decided to relocate the stock to Italy, and Marco from Labmasu will be taking over the shipping of Godslayer based in Milano. Marco is also coming on board as a partner of Megalith Games – which makes me very happy!

The stock will be moved probably over the next two weeks.
01-21-2017 09:54 PM

David Offline
Administrator

(01-14-2017 06:00 PM)Don_Silvarro Wrote:  Interestingly, while the Facebook page has seen some updates, David hasn't logged in on these boards for almost two months now, so I'm not sure you'll get a response here.

Sorry guys I have been too busy to update both the forum and Facebook. Facebook reaches a lot more players and its much easier for uploading things. But I should be having a bit more time in the near future so I can do more updates on the Forum.
01-21-2017 11:04 PM

Fenris Offline

Some interesting news. Thanks for the update. I´m looking forward to the Kickstarter.

Cheers,
Michael

01-23-2017 10:56 AM

udunsflame Offline

Very nice update! Thank you! Like to see the new sculpted Gorelord and Goreguard... ;-)

Club: The Green Knight
udunsminis
"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it"- Flint Fireforge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply