Golden Legion vs Bloody ReaveRs - Another Battle!
Megalith Games - Official Forums

08-05-2016 10:23 AM

KedzioR_vo Offline

After a while HanSolo and I met again in the midst of battle, this time 250pts per side.
The really Golden and nice painted Legion was made of 6 Legionnaires, Princeptor, 3 Carnifexers and Centurion.
My Reavers had 9 Tribesmen, Ravager, Tyrant and the big boy - Cyclops!

[Image: IMG_5488.jpg]

First moves - Tyrant goes forward, passing by the wheat field Wink

[Image: IMG_5489.jpg]

HanSolo thinks about the strategy.

[Image: IMG_5491.jpg]

We're getting closer, my brutish reavers feel the blood of their new victims!
Ravager shoots with his bow but does nothing.
The Cyclops smiles and showes his little friend how it should be done - he fires with pure energy from his one eye and killes one Carnifexer Smile

[Image: IMG_5493.jpg]

Legionnaires still formate their famous Testudo.

The Tyrant has a very good day for leading his troops - he wons the initiative and Tribesmen charge into the solid wall of Legion!

[Image: IMG_5494.jpg]

... but they didn't hit in any of their 9 attacks!

Still they tied in the fight Legionnaires, Carnifexers and even Princeptor.
Fortunately their tactic Eaten Alive is just superb and as far as I remember 3 or 4 Mortans fell to the ground and was wounded, yet no one died.

[Image: IMG_5495.jpg]

Then the real battle begun!

The Legionnaires stood up and fought back, upgraded with Centurions Tactic Ancestral Pride - they were angry and wiped out 5 Tribesmen!

HanSolo believed in his victory and got a bit cocky, joking that I have nothing left to harm him...
Oh how wrong was he!

He forgot about the destructable power of Tyratn ThoRmund the DestroyeR!
My WaRloRd charged and killed first Legionnaire, then another one, and wounded Princeptor.
The Ravager - ThoRstein - also wanted a bit of Bloody Glory so he challenged the leader of Legionnaires and in two brutish blows he took his head, demoralizing the rest of Mortans unit - the Legionnaires failed the Horror test after that.

[Image: IMG_5496.jpg]

Then Carnifexers foguth, killing some Tribesmen and attacking Tyrant, yet ThoRmund wasn't hurt.

My last, heavy charge was made with Cyclops - he didn't gave any chance of survival for the Carnifexers, hitting them hard.

[Image: IMG_5497.jpg]

The Legion was in pain.

On the contrary Reavers were so energized by the battle, that even the last 2 Tribesmen with ThoRvaRd the Leader passed all morale rolls and killed the last Legionnaires, eating them alive and envigorating themselves.

Still the Centurion was determined to fight till the end! He charged the Cyclops and woudn it few times. The fight between the Mortan Leader and the huge beast was bloody, the monster struck Mortan with the statue, while being stabbed with enemy's blade.
The Cyclops lost half of his life points while ThoRmund got into the fight and ended this uneven duel.

[Image: IMG_5498.jpg]

The might and fury of Reavers defeated the pride and honot of the Golden Legion.

Once again the Mortans High Chommand has to think about a way to stop the BaneBrood advance - the ChAoS is growing stronger each day!...

Thanks for reading, I hope you like it Smile
First battle with Cyclops was really funny. It was great to use his range attacks against Legion and also two options of close combat hits. He's so tough and durable that I'm curious what will HanSolo invent to kill the monster Wink Maybe more Carnifexers?...

PozdRawiam / Greetings
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 10:41 AM by KedzioR_vo.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016 01:56 PM
RE: Golden Legion vs Bloody ReaveRs - Another Battle!

Hansolo Offline

(08-05-2016 10:23 AM)KedzioR_vo Wrote:  First battle with Cyclops was really funny. It was great to use his range attacks against Legion and also two options of close combat hits. He's so tough and durable that I'm curious what will HanSolo invent to kill the monster Wink Maybe more Carnifexers?...

Well, even three Carnifexers should obliterate Cyclops. All they need is a token from warlord and Campaign Veteran tactic from Princeptor.

That way they have two attacks with MEL7 POW 6 (not counting charge or fighting style bonuses or they own tactics) with high chance of critical hit - and each crit means 5 points direct damage!

Well, at least if they live long enough to even make an attack against Cyclops Tongue

End you know what my biggest mistake was? Attacking the Legionnaires as soon as they were charged by Tribesman. Should have keep them engaged and activate other things - killing Tribesman only opened the charge lines for the rest of the Reavers.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 02:47 PM by Hansolo.)
08-05-2016 02:07 PM

manic _miner Offline

Looks like you had a fun game.

Will be interesting to see how the re-match goes Wink.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2016 09:33 AM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Hah, had high hopes for the imperials when the Tribesmen bit into the steel of the Legionnaires formation. But alas, probably HanSolo is right about opening the charge lanes for the biggies by smashing those heathen cannibal sinners into the ground. But next time, the calva alata will see victory (I'm sure)!

Thanks for the great little battle rep, guys.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty