Godslayer Army App
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Godslayer Army App
02-21-2016 03:13 PM
Godslayer Army App

Phoenix Offline

He godslayer folks & oh glorious Megalith Team,

I made an Godslayer Army App for mobile, 'cause I wanted to track my games (the app can do a little bit more than just simple add up units and store the list ^^). At the moment it's just for my personal use , since I never got any meaningful reply from the godslayer team, therefore no approval to release the app. It might be due to the split of your team, I can only guess.

Well, it's half a year now, wave 2 is coming in (I'm so excited) and I'm still hoping to get permission to release the app or a simple NOPE (which I will respect)!

In case of yes, there are questions like, how much information am I allowed to show (stats, health, spell descriptions), am I allowed to use your material (font, pictures), do you guys want to test it first & so on.

At the moment the app provides banebrood (since it's my main army). but it's no challenge to add the other races, just time consuming (all those spells!!!)

The app allows you to store army lists and play with them (you can input suffered damage, effects and actions). At the moment I'm working on a local network connection between devices to get a full-fledged battle report (since I than I can collect the information from both players). Further I think collecting information about "preferred" units and armies might give some insight (still working on that feature).

Well more or less it's an app concepted for tournaments. The app can run on Android and IOS, but it's a developer build (therefore it's not available in any store).

Now I hope to get the final answer from megalith, deciding if I put more effort and time in the app (for my purpose it's working fine).

Does the community even want such an app? Any feedback is welcome, guys!

Cheers,
Phoenix
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2016 04:00 PM
RE: Godslayer Army App

Alexander Offline

I don't own a mobile phone, but - as programmes like this seem to be very appreciated for other gaming systems - total support!
02-22-2016 09:10 AM

udunsflame Offline

Sound nice! such apps are not that popular over here. But some player really use them.
I'm not convinced there will ever be an app all players will use...

Personally I'm very interested in an app for my Godslayer games. It would be nice if you could add a comment to every unit used. What they did in the game, and so on...

Nice add-ons could be:
- battle report (comments or full report maker, while you play. Even make photos with the app and immediately add them to the report/list/...)
- Dice roller
- Tournament builder (swiss system/randon number picker...)

interesting... ;-)

Club: The Green Knight
udunsminis
"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it"- Flint Fireforge.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2016 03:08 PM

Phoenix Offline

@undunsflame

-Battle Report: More or less that's the idea, being able to take photos and storing them, but returning a full fledge battlereport pdf is a simple overkill (for one person). Further I don't want to disturb the flow of the game with an opponent tipping comments all the time Tongue . In the end you get a protocol which helps you reconstruct the match. I'm not saying NEVER EVER, but I'm a fan of lite versions(it's not like I can't upgrade after release)

- Dice Roller: Could I do it? Yes, it would be simple! But I'm opposed to this idea, simple because I think the spirit of tabletop is rolling dices. Apps should only handle the boring parts.

- Tournament builder: I'm not sure you want that on a mobile app. Most people do that with a pencil and a sheet of paper ^^ Further I'm pretty sure, there are other apps out there.

- Units: They get special love Tongue For once you can tag (take a picture) of every creature in a unit (So you and your opponent always knew, who is who, and which unit has how many lives). Further I would love to add a ranking, just to see, how many players actually use the unit and how they rated it.

If I get permission, I would release a first beta version (features might be missing) in about 1 or 2 months (depends how quick I get access to the store. Apple has a terrible support).
02-22-2016 03:10 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Personally I'd say: Do that! Smile
And I cannot imagine David not being supportive of the effort.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
02-22-2016 03:53 PM

Phoenix Offline

Great. What about using your assets? Am I allowed to do that?

For example I'm using the unit store pictures and faction symbols at the moment. Also It would be great to get a transparent png version, since the white background looks cheap (the resolution is too small to make a good color separation myself).
02-23-2016 02:33 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

I'd suggest you write directly to David@megalith-games.com and get the ball rolling.
I'm just some poor lost soul bound to the forum via foul eldritch magic. Smile

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
02-24-2016 12:32 AM

David Offline
Administrator

(02-22-2016 03:53 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  Great. What about using your assets? Am I allowed to do that?

For example I'm using the unit store pictures and faction symbols at the moment. Also It would be great to get a transparent png version, since the white background looks cheap (the resolution is too small to make a good color separation myself).

Hi Phoenix, Please email me.
david@megalith-games.com
03-02-2016 04:45 AM

Phoenix Offline

Just a short update, I got permission, which is awesome!

I plan to release a first PC Alpha the next weeks, just to get your feedback. Might be easier, since some people have no mobile phone.

So stayed tuned. (I will use this thread for any updates!)
03-02-2016 09:15 AM

spy Offline

Cool!

Looking forward to it. Smile