Minotaurs ?
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Minotaurs ?
10-01-2012 12:47 PM
Minotaurs ?

Warzoner Offline

In the Gorelord description, it is described as formorian-sized, formorian being the size between regular brood and minotaur-sized brood. Do this mean there isn't really a thing as a minotaur and that it is just a size measurement in the GS universe, or that there are minotaurs and that they are used as a reference for the measurement of the size of other banebroods ? So, to put it simply : will we see the model of huge bloodthirsty minotaur (even bigger than the gorelord) ?
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 12:48 PM by Warzoner.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012 02:24 PM
RE: Minotaurs ?

André Offline
Administrator

let´s see Smile hehe Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2012 01:18 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Actually its not a big secret, if you check the background chapter of the Banebrood in the Background book, you will see that Minotaurs are mentioned there as the largest of the Banebrood regular races. We foreshadowed them in the background because we do want to make various minotaurs in the future.

Already you have the Pestbringer which is a minotaur-sized beastspawn of the ram-head breed (that's why he is bigger than the Gorelord).

We have some more planned for wave-2, but that will probably be a year from now or more. Those will be of different breeds....and since the ram-head breed are one of the smaller breeds, most other Minotaurs will be little larger than he is.
02-13-2013 12:43 PM

sherman0815 Offline

So what are the Gut-Hackers then? Bisotaurs? Shouldn't they be shamans then? Are they also supposed to be Pestbringer size?
02-13-2013 01:16 PM

André Offline
Administrator

The Gut-Hackers are Bisotaur based brood and possess like a magic aura that helps spellcasters to channel the power of the Urghast. I am sure David can explain this better! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013 02:38 PM

Warzoner Offline

If I look correctly at the banebrood beastspawn fluff, here's how it works;
There are two type of race classification : the size/type and the brood
The size/type contain the minotaur, formorian, centaur, lycanthrope, and the regular sized (can't recall correctly the name) categories.
The brood contains the bisonbrood, oxbrood, stagbrood, etc.

If I look at the fluff, and at the Formorian guthacker section, I would say he's a formorian of the bisonbrood, the brood which is pretty resistant to magic.

As for the bisotaur, I would say he's a minotaur of the bisonbrood.
02-14-2013 12:30 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Right, Bisotaurs are magical in nature, but not all are spell-casters. Bisotaurs make the BEST spell-casters.

The Guthackers are Bisotaurs of Fomorian size, so they will be bigger than Mongrels but smaller than Minotaur size. They will be a little smaller than the Gorelord, so around 43mm to the top of the head.

Yes, Minotaurs are definitely a part of the GS universe. In fact there are many different breeds, stag-head Minotaurs, bull-head minotaurs, Ram-head minotaurs (the Pestbringer), Rhino-head Minotaurs etc.

Yes there will be minotaur models in Wave-2! We are still defining which ones right now, but for sure the Stagotaur.

So actually the Pestbringer is already the first minotaur-sized model, but the ram-head minotaurs are smaller than some of the others, and the Pestbringer is not involved in physical work most of the time, and for this reason other minotaurs will be a fraction taller than him and a lot more meaty!
02-14-2013 11:08 AM

sherman0815 Offline

Whoa, great news. You guys really have a wagonload of possibilities for the banebrood! I'm also curious about centaurs and Lycanthropes and the trackers of the reaver tribes and and and... but that's another story...
02-14-2013 11:24 AM

David Offline
Administrator

Well Centaurs will be well represented in Wave-2 with 2 units a warlord and a character. That will give the Banebrood some serious cavalry power (in case anyone found them too slow at the moment
:-) ha, ha).

Reavers in Wave-2 will also get more models, including spell-casting witches, missile-armed trackers and a cool cavalry unit mounted on big wolverines.

That's the current plan, but I cannot make any guarantees at this point. The difficulty is that we have so many ideas for every faction, but we need to be realistic and restrict the realeases in Wave-2 to another 12 releases per faction just as we have in Wave-1. That's because we need to issue them in book form as in Wave-1 rulebook.

There's really lots more stuff planned for every faction, all of which are really unique models and units.
02-15-2013 12:47 PM

Cobrannos Offline

Yay, exactly what I was hoping for!

I´m a great fan of the Reaver subfaction (although I started with Mortans, also cool, and they have models already ;-).

The Reavers appear to me as a very unpleasant interpretation of early medieval Slavic tribes, and indeed they should have a Striga witch, a malformed malicious crone with dark iron fingernails, who pulls out some nasty surprises out of her bubbling cauldron, and spreads curses and insanity.
The announced trackers I would interpret as Vukodlak werewolves, shapeshifting half-beasts, sneaky ambushers and hunters.

I just only need the Three-Face, a carved and blood-smeared pole used as a battle totem, inciting fear in opponents and killing frenzy in reavers.

Bloody hell, reavers are so cool! The 3D preview you just showed promises so much violence and mayhem on my table... :-D

(02-14-2013 11:24 AM)David Wrote:  Well Centaurs will be well represented in Wave-2 with 2 units a warlord and a character. That will give the Banebrood some serious cavalry power (in case anyone found them too slow at the moment
:-) ha, ha).

Reavers in Wave-2 will also get more models, including spell-casting witches, missile-armed trackers and a cool cavalry unit mounted on big wolverines.

That's the current plan, but I cannot make any guarantees at this point. The difficulty is that we have so many ideas for every faction, but we need to be realistic and restrict the realeases in Wave-2 to another 12 releases per faction just as we have in Wave-1. That's because we need to issue them in book form as in Wave-1 rulebook.

There's really lots more stuff planned for every faction, all of which are really unique models and units.