[Nemesi] UPDATE: KYDOIME... Halodynes acclaim she!
Megalith Games - Official Forums

06-27-2015 01:10 PM

Labmasu Offline

Hola Guys!

Our dear Kidoime is almost ready to show itself to the world! we have already prototyped, and made the first test print for volume calculations and retirement, in order to obtain maximum results both as quality of material that detail.

Here for you! Smile

First 3D printing:

[Image: kidoime_01.jpg]

First print test in white metal:
Do not panic for the bow and quiver, they have not come out from the mold as this was a test print without having cut the pieces into components.
[Image: kidoime_02.jpg]
[Image: kidoime_03.jpg]

Quote:Hola Guys!
This alluring and beautiful Amazzon is "Kydoime", she is the warrior who will try to defeat the chimera for the honor of Halodynes players!

so:
sprinkle the good manners, you're gentlemen... Halodynes acclaim she! Kydoime!

[Image: amazzone_FB.jpg]

[Image: banner_labmasu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 03:32 PM by Labmasu.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2015 04:22 PM
RE: [Nemesi] KYDOIME... Halodynes acclaim she!

Don_Silvarro Offline

Cool art, like the shield design - a nice departure from the round hoplon we've seen on everything so far. Not sure how I feel about the gratuitously sexist pinup carwash pose. It's cool if you do your entire game in that style, like Infinity does. But in Godslayer it looks jarringly out of place with everything else so far.
06-27-2015 09:22 PM

Madcat Offline

The Amazon looks awesome. But I have to second DonSilvarro. Please don't pinup her.
When do you start sculpting her?
06-27-2015 11:28 PM

Labmasu Offline

After Chimera we will start Kidoime. Chimera is already in WIP Smile

06-29-2015 08:29 AM

crimsontree Offline

If the model is overly sexualised I will not buy it. I hope that David has the final say about the look of the models. I prefer Megalith Games to Megan Fox Games.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015 08:34 AM by crimsontree.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2015 09:42 AM

Labmasu Offline

I see in it a warrior waiting for the battle. I fear that by inertia, you're linger too much on this aspect. I would like to point out that she is not different from artwork of: Oracle or Snctum Priestess!
so...before making moralizing, or threaten reprisals or strikes on the purchase, you have the sense to see the finished model Wink

06-29-2015 12:57 PM

spy Offline

I have to agree with the other posts so far.

If this is the final pose I might not buy her because it would take too much green stuff to get her "battle-ready". Let's see the real model first.
Oracle and Priestess are both in the middle of summoning spells.
This model is definetly NOT in the middle of a battle. Sorry.

This statement has nothing to do with sexism or anything similar.
The model does just not fit into the range of models from Megalith so far.

You should ask yourself: What is the target group?
Godslayer Players or Godslayer Miniature Collectors and Painters or Miniature Collectors and Painters.

I am a Player.
No need for "posing" on a battlefield.
Please go ahead and produce her.
Maybe I will buy her but just to get the stats for this model.
And if she is included in a box with the Monster together: So it shall be.

The positive thing about this thread is that there is a discussion before the model is released. So let us use this oportunity!
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2015 12:58 PM by spy.)
06-29-2015 09:42 PM

Labmasu Offline

(06-29-2015 12:57 PM)spy Wrote:  I have to agree with the other posts so far.

The positive thing about this thread is that there is a discussion before the model is released. So let us use this oportunity!

Of course it is! Wink

If I have to be honest, I'm disappointed in the negative response regarding Kidoime, whatever it is, I shall not want to treasure your feed! Smile

06-30-2015 03:07 AM

Don_Silvarro Offline

(06-29-2015 09:42 AM)Labmasu Wrote:  I see in it a warrior waiting for the battle. I fear that by inertia, you're linger too much on this aspect. I would like to point out that she is not different from artwork of: Oracle or Snctum Priestess!

She is very different. Neither the Oracle, nor the Priestess is sticking out her bare ass in the wind in an upskirt bikini carwash pose.

Quote:so...before making moralizing, or threaten reprisals or strikes on the purchase, you have the sense to see the finished model Wink

No one is doing any 'moralizing'. I spent the better part of last night putting together a regiment of Avatars of War Vestals together, those models are really up there on the list of stuff that would make you blush. And I enjoy them and can't wait to get them painted, because they fit the aesthetic and style of the fantasy naughty elf army I`m building. It`s not that people here don`t like the artwork because they`re prudes, they're simply concerned that the style doesn't fit the established art direction.

People are telling you they'd like a warrior woman in a fighty pose, in line with the current gritty style of Godslayer, more than a chick bent over a rock flaunting her bottocks. Those aren't threats, those are bits of valuable feedback coming directly from your customer base.
06-30-2015 08:38 AM

crimsontree Offline

It's not moralising, it's customer feedback!

I assume the main buyers of Godslayer miniatures are Godslayer players. If these players tell you that they won't buy your stuff because of the overtly sexualised aesthetic, it might be wise to listen to their feedback. Otherwise you run the danger of not selling many miniatures.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply