An army-wide single sub-faction rule - "enhanced version"
Megalith Games - Official Forums

05-19-2015 02:27 PM

Alchemist Offline

Good day, comrades!

I wanted to suggest an idea that further enhances sub-faction abilities for sub-faction-centric armies. As of now, if the warlord is, e.g., a Beastspawn, other "Beastspawn" can use their sub-faction bonuses, while "Reavers" in the same band will not be able to do so. It would be great to have something cool for cases in which ALL of your warband comes from a single sub-faction. For example, an all-Beastspawn Banebrood army may enjoys BOTH its sub-faction ability AND an additional +1" move rate/+1 MEL/a speacial rule. The boosts need not (and should not) be major, but it would be a great idea for fluffy armies (for example, I dont want to mix my beastmen with reavers).

if i missed/misunderstood something and the above is somehow already available - please correct me =)

What do you think? =)

Best regards,
Pavel
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2015 02:32 PM
RE: An army-wide single sub-faction rule - "enhanced version"

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Hey Alchemist,
players already get rewarded for taking an army of a single sub-faction: All models in the army benefit from their sub-faction-ability Wink

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 02:33 PM by Simon.)
05-19-2015 03:19 PM

Alchemist Offline

Simon, I know that part =) The question is - i can do this AND take a unit from another sub-faction, that will NOT have a bonus. As far as I remember as of now if there is, for example, a Reaver Tribsman unit together with Mongrels in an army led by a Gorelord, the mongrels will benefit from their sub-faction ability, however the Tribesmen would not. However, what I suggest is if 100% of all models in a warband are from a single sub-faction, the whole warband receives a boost (i.e. i woluntarily NOT choose Tribesmen in a beastspawn army to get a little overall boost) =)
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 03:20 PM by Alchemist.)
05-20-2015 07:59 AM

Markgrafgero Offline

Because of the different army compositions this works for some factions better than others. Some subfactions are not really playable as stand alone yet, while others strongly benefit from some (even minor) additions (a buff magic user for example). Some could play that way, others dont.

And the Banebrood with only 2 subfactions got more "complete" subfactions compared to others. You dont need reavers in a beast army because you have anything you need: Elite, cannonfodder, monsters, support. Reavers in the other corner need the fallow shaman it would be not wise play without all the useful mutations. And i dont believe an army wide buff could substitute it.

You think something like the Wm/H tierlists. Maybe we get something like this in future, but i would prefer a more thematic way. "Godquesters Mightyclaus raiding party composition from march the 1, year 1210 when he took the city of Bolg" Yeah i didnt read so much fluff so iam not familiar with the calender Smile
Lists which are different (and may not rulebook legal). Expanded field allowance, different subfaction ability, allies from other factions...
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2015 08:00 AM by Markgrafgero.)
05-20-2015 05:32 PM

CptBartender Offline

IMO ATM Godslayer has not nearly enough minis for this to be viable ans balanced in an actual combat.
05-26-2015 09:45 AM

Alchemist Offline

Thanks everyone for your comments =) I guess I should be less biased with Beastspawn, guess we had better treatment then other sub-factions...
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 10:04 AM by Alchemist.)