Klaxlers Board
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Klaxlers Board
04-17-2015 09:50 PM
Klaxlers Board

Klaxler Offline

As the title says, I'm building a board! Smile
Its about 80x120 cm, so actually a little to small for a regular board, but I want to take it with me to shows and keep it moveable and better to store. I try to give it an individual touch with fix areas but keeping it as modular as possible. For the tower i plan another bridge to cross the dry river. I make it dry so I can handle it like open field, not having to use bridges and passways all the time. The skull...well, I actually wanted to build some kind of Hades with the River Styx made of Lava. I had this idea for a long time in my head but could not find a practical solution to combine an underground cave with a board being easy to play on. I simply had no idea how to create the feeling of a deep cave without surrounding everything with huge walls. So to move on I decided to change plans and build something different. This is my first board built, maybe in the future I get a clue how to realise my personal Hades! Smile
At the corner i use a (removable) latern from Ikea as a small temple or something like that. The collumns ar simple stands for candles. Smile
Everything still strong WIP...if you have questions feel free to ask. Cant write that much...its horrible in an old iPhone and German Auto-Correction. Big Grin

Tommorrow I will be with the Board and painted Minis at a local Scale Model Exhibition...more pictures arter the weekend! Smile

[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1455]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1449]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1451]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2015 01:22 AM
RE: Klaxlers Board

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Hey, this is going to be a great little board! Good job! Big Grin

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
04-18-2015 06:27 PM

Klaxler Offline

And here the Progress so far and how I presented everything on the exhibition. Lots of fun there and a good day! Smile

[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1456]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1457]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1458]
04-24-2015 09:25 PM

David Offline
Administrator

I can see most of the board is going to be awesome.
I would recommend to re-thing the lantern and the candle holders as I am not sure if they will be convincing in the end...depends how you dress them.

The trees are awesome and the rock is very well done.
04-25-2015 09:00 AM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

To me, the candle holders look decent enough, and with some paint they might end looking quite awesome. Smile

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
04-27-2015 01:18 AM

Klaxler Offline

Thanks a lot!
Right now I'm working hard to finish my Halodynes for a project at TTW. The candles and columns will both become removable, so I'll finish the Board without them and try to get them nice for play. With the lantern i still dont have the right idea how to get a realistic look without cutting top and bottom and replacing the stands with columns. In the end i guess i have no other choice.