250pts Mortans warband
Megalith Games - Official Forums

250pts Mortans warband
04-14-2015 10:36 PM
250pts Mortans warband

Khal Offline

Hi there,

I have some doubst about my 250 pts Mortans warband.The warband composition is currentley:

1 Centurion 51p
- Gladius
- Alchemite scutum

1 Necromagnus 31p
- Foul wind
- Soul siphon

5 legionnaires 66p

3 Praetorian carnifixers 70p

1 Scorpio 32p

The list total is now exactly 250 pts. The general idea of the list is to do some shooting at the stronger enemy units in turns 1, 2 maybe 3. The legionnaires need to pin down units in turn 3 - 4, until the carnifixers can jump in to finish off the job. The Necromagnus is there to buff the Legionairres and damage units with weak magica.
So now about the Centurion... The Alchemite scutum is for protection. I often play against Halodynes and Magistratum sub-faction warbands. But he has no high power due to the gladius. So my doubt is: Drop one legionnaire and add an executioner's blade, Panecae and Titanium liche helm, or leave the warband like this. With the unit legionnaires down to 4 i fear they will not be able to pin a enemy unit long enough until help arrives.

All thoughts / remakrs are welcome.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2015 12:22 AM
RE: 250pts Mortans warband

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

I for one would rather stick with the 5th Legionnaire, as the Centurion is quite able to deal some serious damage even with his vanilla blade, as long as he can profit from close quarter fighting.

All in all, the list seems to be worth testing it out!

However, did you think about swapping the Necromagus for a Princeptor? Not because the Magus wouldn't be worth it, but just because with another melee fighter you would be able to cover more areas on the field, protect the warmachine and detach 1 individual model and 1 unit to two "fronts" at the same time.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
04-15-2015 09:00 PM

Khal Offline

Thanks for the advise!

I will keep the 5 legionnaires, test the list with the Necormagnus this week and the list with the Princeptor next week. I'll make a post about the battles on the forum.
04-18-2015 08:30 AM
RE: 250pts Mortans warba

Khal Offline

Hi tere,
I have tested the list yesterday against a magistratum warband. The 5 legion where just about enough to hold the moloch and legio mortem off. The plan to stay back and shoot worked well. The Scorpio did a lot of damage in turn 4 and 5. The necromagnus didn't do a thing, lazy day I guess. we did encounter one situation wich was unclear to us. The centurion damaged one legio mortem. The unit performed a counter attack. Due to the disarm the unit must spend one extra action token. But can the legio mortem player choose to perform a counter attack with all models in melee range with the centurion accept with the one who he just damaged, this to avoid spending an extra action token?
04-18-2015 10:41 AM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

The tactic Disarm only affects individual models, so does not work with unit models.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
04-18-2015 10:57 PM

CptBartender Offline

(04-18-2015 10:41 AM)Simon Wrote:  The tactic Disarm only affects individual models, so does not work with unit models.
Disarm is not a tactic, but an ability. As far as I can say, every model can be affected by it, including unit models (nothing indicates otherwise) In this case, the unit containing the affected model spends the ACT together, thus all need to spend one more token to attack. But that's just my interpretation.
04-19-2015 12:44 AM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

You are right that it is not a tactic but an ability.

But it is clearly stated in the text of the ability that it only affects individual models ("Target individual model damaged...", p.160).

Keep in mind that counterattack and attack of the centurion are simultaneously, so the counterattack has the normal ACT cost. Only the next attack of the target model cost more.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 12:45 AM by Simon.)
04-19-2015 09:45 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Simon has it right, an "individual model" is a rules-term for a non-unit model, hence this ability will not affect unit models.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty