Multi Channelling an Line of Sight
Megalith Games - Official Forums

03-28-2015 09:21 AM

Till Offline

Hello,

and again with a question about multi channeling.

The way the last paragraph is written one could argue, that when you do multi channelling LoS is no longer a restriction, only LEAD range. But I think that is a bit cheesy.

But what I'm not sure about is, does the initiator need LoS to all channellers, or is it more like a row, so that the first channeller only needs LoS to the second channeller? I think both options do have something that speaks for them.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2015 10:42 AM
RE: Multi Channelling an Line of Sight

CptBartender Offline

The rules state (p.96):
"To channel an effect the channeller must be within the LEAD range and LoS of the initiator who may then channel an order, a spell or another effect through the channeller. (...) It is also possible to channel an order, a spell or an effect through more than one channeller as long as each channeller is within LEAD range of the previous one."
As far as I can see, the last paragraph only overrides the LEAD requirement, not the LoS one, so I'd say that the initiator needs LoS to all channellers.

However, on p.91 you can read, that "It is also possible to channel a tactic throug two or more musicians as long as each musician is within lead range and line of sight of the former musician channelling the tactis.

IMO it would make much more sense for LEAD and LoS to be required only to the last channeller, but the actual channelling section is ambiguous and needs an errata to clarify.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2015 10:46 AM by CptBartender.)
04-02-2015 03:32 PM
RE: Multi Channelling an Line of Sight

der_narr Offline

@Till:

1. If you read the text under the graphic on p.96 (german rulebook) it is clearly stated, that the first channeller (musician B) needs LEAD and LoS to channel the tactic from model A (initiator). So he can't channel through musician D because he hasn't LoS to him (which is also clearly stated) and thats why he channels through model C.
Conclusion: Between two channellers you always need LEAD and LoS (except the rules of a model would say something else).

2.As far as I understand the philosophy behind the GS-rules, it's forbidden to read something into the rules. There is nothing in the text that says that the initiator (or a previous channeller) needs LoS to all channellers. Further the initiator in the graphic (model A) has no LoS to model C (second channeller) because it is blocked by unit A (Demarchon and hoplites have the same size).
Conclusion: the initiator only needs LoS (and LEAD) to the first channeller, not to all of them.

hope that helps

greetings

der_narr
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 03:36 PM by der_narr.)