Archon Aura tricks or no tricks?
Megalith Games - Official Forums

03-17-2015 05:52 PM

Till Offline

Hello,

I'm wondering a bit about the function of Archon Aura.

Assuming I have an Oracle with Archon Aura. I'm already a warlord, so I can assign all my Action Tokens to other units / characters. Assuming there are 6 in range and I assign 1 to each. So I don't need to cast Archon Aura.

Or is it meant that if the Oracle cast Archon Aura on herself, she could assign then 2 Action Tokens to a single unit/character?

What if I cast Archon Aura then on a Syntarch? Can then the Oracle and the Syntarch assign 1 Action Token to the same unit? Or is the only benefit that the Syntarch has then an increased LEAD and maybe is able to assign an Action Token to a unit further away which couldn't be reached by the Oracle?

I fear it's only the last one, because of the last paragraph for assigning Action Tokens. Where it is stated that each unit can only recieve 1 Action Token. Admittedly the last paragraph is written for multiple Warlords and in all those scenarios there would be only 1 Warlord, but that sounds a bit like nitpicking to me.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2015 06:11 PM
RE: Archon Aura tricks or no tricks?

spy Offline

(03-17-2015 05:52 PM)Till Wrote:  Assuming I have an Oracle with Archon Aura. I'm already a warlord, so I can assign all my Action Tokens to other units / characters. Assuming there are 6 in range and I assign 1 to each. So I don't need to cast Archon Aura.
Yes.
(Don't forget that this spell costs also 2 action Tokens if she casts the spell on herself).
But you may still increase range with archon Aura in this case (so you reach a unit which was out of range before).

(03-17-2015 05:52 PM)Till Wrote:  Or is it meant that if the Oracle cast Archon Aura on herself, she could assign then 2 Action Tokens to a single unit/character?
Yes. But she/he has only his/her action tokens available.

(03-17-2015 05:52 PM)Till Wrote:  What if I cast Archon Aura then on a Syntarch? Can then the Oracle and the Syntarch assign 1 Action Token to the same unit? Or is the only benefit that the Syntarch has then an increased LEAD and maybe is able to assign an Action Token to a unit further away which couldn't be reached by the Oracle?
The Syntarch which has Archon Auro on it may asign 1 action tokens to a unit (Since he is not a warlord).
The other warlord may not asign an additional action token to the same unit because of the standard rule from the rulebook.

(03-17-2015 05:52 PM)Till Wrote:  I fear it's only the last one, because of the last paragraph for assigning Action Tokens. Where it is stated that each unit can only recieve 1 Action Token. Admittedly the last paragraph is written for multiple Warlords and in all those scenarios there would be only 1 Warlord, but that sounds a bit like nitpicking to me.
There could be 2 warlords (and a pseudo-Warlord through Archon Aura) in 500 points+ games.
But the general rule allowes every unit to get only 1 action token extra.
Exception: Only a warlord with Archon auro on him may spend 2 action tokens to a unit in this way.

Other factions have other special ways to give extra action tokens to models/units.
E.g.
The Banshee has a tactic to give one action token to a unit.
Or there is a potion of Speed for certain carecters to give D3 extra tokens.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2015 06:19 PM by spy.)
03-18-2015 11:26 PM
RE: Archon Aura tricks or no tricks?

Till Offline

Well that would already be great. Being able to assign 2 ACT to a model instead of one would already do the trick for me. Having 2 7 ACT Priestesses is nearly as much poke as 2 5 ACT Priestesses and a 6 ACT Oracle. And being able to push the Hill Ogres to 7 ACT allows them to use their tactic, charge and strike again / be counter attack ready. So that's already great.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.