Banyan Volley Arrow issue
Megalith Games - Official Forums

01-31-2015 04:30 PM

Looke83 Offline

Hi Everyone.

When I have played Godslayer last time, there was some misunderstand with Banyan Volley Arrow. I was pretty much sure [as Mnill as well] that when I use this arrow and I will make two or three attacks, ability of this arrow is also used two or three times. But someone said [and he has some point Smile ] that on description is wrote next missile attack [without 's' Smile]...so...only first attack is boosted by this arrow. If it is true, then paying 7pts for that is pretty much...don't You think ??
Even if I use Hailshot with that still I have to had very lucky dice to make sensible number of attack's.
Please explain me if this arrow is correct, and if is...isn't better to take cheaper Hunting Arrows which gave +2 POW, and with 1act from Megalith I have 3x Hailshot attack with power 4 [with Feylock Bow, and additional direct damage] or 5 [Beltain Bow, and no screening].
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2015 06:41 PM
RE: Banyan Volley Arrow issue

Septimus Iulius Severus Offline

Well the rule seems clear enough, It states that the next attack is the one which you can hit D3 additional model with. Just think about how many attacks the Farfarer would be able to do if it lasted the whole round: hailshot + 2 attacks= min 8 / max 16 attacks. Additionally think how many attacks he would do leeching 2 AT from a megalith (you can even have 2 of them) and drinking the potion of speed for D3 AT. This crazy combo with 2 megaliths would grant him 11-13 AT=10 - 24 attacks.
The hunting arrow can be dangerous indeed Wink.

Omnibus superstes Imperium est.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 11:24 PM by Septimus Iulius Severus.)
01-31-2015 09:35 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Aye, the effect is for the next one attack.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
02-04-2015 12:13 AM

Looke83 Offline

Ok....Septimus I see You point...and I agree that could be killing combo [but...it is a purpose of taking it ...isn't it Smile ]. I just think, that this is too expensive with ability that is depended on the dice...but this is only my opinion Smile
Anyway thanks for making me sure of that arrow. Now I'm waiting for last models from wave 1, and looking forward for wave 2.
02-04-2015 12:48 AM

Mnil Offline

Now, this arrow turned to be the worst option i suppose.

[Image: polanduserbar.png]
02-04-2015 12:17 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

Actually it was the arrow most used in our many playtesting games and it was really devastating most times.... it is equal to D3 x 2 additional ACT (D3 x 3 with the Longbow!)! Much better than potion of speed (in fact exactly twice as good...). I've seen entire units fleeing after more than half of their members had been killed in a single turn with the help of this little item! Take the Beltain Bow and say goodbye to most standard units like Mongrels, Hoplites, Gnolls, Reaver Tribesmen, Bladeslinger etc. And with a little help of a druid even harder troops and elites....

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 12:18 PM by Simon.)
02-04-2015 12:34 PM

Septimus Iulius Severus Offline

Indeed, I had a unit of 5 carnifexers halved by a Farfarer with this arrow once (with 2 lucky rolls but they are part of the game Wink).

Omnibus superstes Imperium est.