Cataclysm Catapult question/request
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Cataclysm Catapult question/request
01-19-2015 02:02 PM
RE: Cataclysm Catapult question/request

Blaze Offline

up. Seriously it is really important to know.

Leader stays on the "bow" Catapult and not block line of sight? Line of sight is 1 or 3 then?
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015 02:20 PM by Blaze.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2015 02:22 PM

crimsontree Offline

(01-19-2015 02:02 PM)Blaze Wrote:  up. Seriously it is really important to know.

Leader stays on the "bow" Catapult and not block line of sight? Line of sight is 1 or 3 then?

The rules say 3 crew with small bases. Isn't the rule as written enough for now? What is the rush? Do you have a tournament this afternoon?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2015 02:28 PM

Blaze Offline

I want just offical statement. Dont answer if u are not from staff. Thanks.

There is too many things missunderstood. Errata was released long time ago. Leader model is created to be on the Catapult not outside. In 2 boxes were only 2 small bases.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015 02:33 PM by Blaze.)
01-19-2015 03:30 PM

crimsontree Offline

This is a discussion forum and not just for Godslayer staff. Godslayer players can also post. Smile

How many crew members hit point bars are listed on the unit card? Why not chat to your opponent and agree on 2 or 3 small bases until you get a definitive answer?
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015 03:44 PM by crimsontree.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2015 03:44 PM

Blaze Offline

Maybe you want to help but much easier would be when David, or Andre dont ignore question like this because he could answer it much earlier and without this tons of spam what we did. It is next thing to improve. Sometimes rules are just bad and if Creator thinks diffrent it is not good sign. You can writte as many as you want. Im ok with that. Without clear rules and fresh errata lists games become sad with tons of arguing and missunderstoods.
01-19-2015 04:01 PM

crimsontree Offline

Fans discussing a game they enjoy is not spam. It is a pity you don't appreciate other fans questions or advice. You too ignored my questions, so it's not just David and Andre. I'll not reply any more because it is plainly obvious you only want the creators to reply.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015 04:02 PM by crimsontree.)
01-19-2015 04:10 PM

Blaze Offline

I didnt say that your opinion is worse than developper. I wanted few days ago clear answer and I am a bit tired of this fight for answer. Everything what i got from David was sneak peak wave 2 and "hey back to our guides they are helpfull" what was not main topic here. Maybe it sounds a bit rude, but it isnt. Didnt except so many problems with one model (Cataclysm Catapult).

Apologize man Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2015 08:15 PM by Blaze.)
01-19-2015 07:43 PM

spy Offline

This is an interrreting questions actually.

Personally I would say the catapult is too strong if it would have a sight value of 3. So I think it has a sight value of 1...

Let's hear what the creators of the game say about this issue.
01-20-2015 02:13 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

I'm not one of the devs but would like to answer:

A warmachine with a crew always uses the sight value of it's crew. That's not different with the catapult.

The leader does not block line of sight of the catapult if he is not completely blocking any line that could be drawn from the warmachines base (which he should not be able to do).

Considering the placement of the leader, the model is meant to be placed on the catapult - but that is just for aesthetical reasons! Rulewise, it remains a crew model like any other one.
The solution used on the MG demo catapult (and ony my own catapults) is connecting the leader to the catapult by means of a micro-magnet. So in the rare case that you need him to be off the warmachine, you can move him freely.
Alternatively, you could base the leader seperately.

I never had a problem with the leader connected to the catapult and rarely take it off at all. If he dies, I usually mark him and remember he is gone (and don't even bother taking him off). Only when he for some reason runs away or gets into close combat I use the magnet. Smile

I hope this helps - if not, I will try to get word from André.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
01-23-2015 02:11 AM

André Offline
Administrator

Ahoi!

Sorry for my late response! Everything Raoul already wrote is correct! You should think of the model as a separate model but for the look of it we included him into the warmachine itself. If you ever find yourself in the position of making use of him, like when the crew flees or fights in melee, then you should either add a small magnet to its bottom so that you can detach him from the warmachine and add it to a base, or you simply use a blank base or a prop model to mark where he stands.

Hope that helps!