01-17-2015 10:42 AM
RE: Cataclysm Catapult question/request

Euphoric Offline

Yes, he belongs on the "bow" of the catapult
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2015 11:19 AM

Septimus Iulius Severus Offline

As I said I had 3 small bases in my kit and, while it surely is more aesthetic glued on the catapult, I think the leader has to be on a small base. Just think about the rules about engaging, shooting, line of sight...how do we treat a model without a base? You cannot use that of the catapult. We need to wait for an official answer.

@Mnil, can you explain what do you think is broken in Mortans? I'd like to know your point of view, since is the first time I hear someone saying that the faction is too good. Personally I think that Mortans and Wyldfolk are a tad bit more difficult to win with.

Omnibus superstes Imperium est.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 11:41 PM by Septimus Iulius Severus.)
01-17-2015 11:37 AM

Blaze Offline

Look, i had 2 new catapult and none had small base for Leader. Also there is painted leader on the bow and model is created to be there.
01-17-2015 11:42 AM

Blaze I can't give you a rock solid answer and it's not my place to do so Wink. Someone among the moderators will eventually clarify this, maybe in the upcoming errata. I just explained you why I think putting him on the catapult would be problematic. Still you might be right and if so a sight value of 3 for the leader would be useful but also dangerous for him Wink.

01-17-2015 12:45 PM

crimsontree Offline

The rules state:

War-Machine Base Size = Large
Machine Crew Base Size = Small

Page 171 Godslayer Rulebook.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2015 01:21 PM

Blaze Offline

This dry rules dont help here.

Because
1. He is without foots.
2. He have catapult parts. His legs are hiden by hull.
3. With 2 new Catapult bought in latest wave there was not small base for it.

= He is on the ship. Glued or not but he is.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 01:22 PM by Blaze.)
01-17-2015 09:11 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Quote: I trust in the creators for new cool releases Wink.

Mortans Wave-2 planned releases:

Legions cheap fodder unit of Auxiliaries with options to be played as regular or light infantry.
Undead cavalry character - giving Magistratum some additional support. OR a creature. Undecided at this time.
Technostratum Assassin character
Technostratum mobile war-machine (naptha-thrower)
Variable subfaction unit with basic POW4. These are not elites and will be a very versitile option.
Technostratum Fire-archers
Undead unit with higher POW.
Legions warlords - still under discussion which of several options we will go with.

With these options, every subfaction can be played exclusively with a decent warband.

Legions comes pout best with two units available to them, which fill their major deficiencies - no cheap troops and no decent POW troops. Now they can be fielded as a rapid response force and with a decent backup unit for high POW enemies. But of course these units will lack the great armor, solid discipline and good MEL of the Legionnaires. So they will be excellent strategic additions for the sub-faction but Legionnaires remain the backbone. Additionally, the Auxiliaries unit when played as scouts will not match the scoutiness of the Wyldfolk, so they remain a strategical addition to the subfaction. Oh, and they will have slings.

Magistratum comes out with 2 units (including the one with variable subfaction). plus either a melee character or a creature. This subfaction now has not a lot of options but is definitely playable as a well-rounded warband.

Technostratum comes out with 2 units (including the one with variable subfaction). Plus a front-line war-machine and a cool character. This subfaction will have more synergies with the new items.

that#s how ti looks right now. The faction retains its central theme of "tank" faction but gains for strategic flexibility and some more offensive capability.
01-17-2015 09:48 PM

Higher power undead troops (magical gargants O_O)? Possible undead creature/ cavalry chracter? Fast and more powerful choices for Legions? Long range shooting and mobile war-machine? This is too good to be true Big Grin.

I'm very curious how an assassin of the Ordo Assassinatum will fit in the Technostratum but I can't wait for a model specialized in surgical strikes, that's just wonderful and incredibly useful.

Also the Legion warlord is very interesting (I'm already picturing a Tribunum).

This new releases would be a huge step for the tactical variety of Mortans, while keeping space for future expansions such as spirits, Ordo Annihilistum, Ordo secretum and Praetorian elites. Very very promising. Thanks for the insight, I really appreciated it.

01-17-2015 11:27 PM

Mnil Offline

I would love to get such a sneak peek of my BBs and Troglos Big Grin

[Image: polanduserbar.png]
01-18-2015 09:42 AM

Blaze Offline

This sneak peek is awesome. I hope you prepared somethings what can protect Legionnaires from magic attacks, because they are so weak against.

I would like to know offical statement about this Catapult Leader. Seems like u missed it. Thanks..