Moloch, is it worth its points?
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Moloch, is it worth its points?
11-03-2014 05:32 PM
RE: Moloch, is it worth its points?

Septimus Iulius Severus Offline

I can see what you mean when you tell me to try Banebrood but I am a proud Mortan Wink. If i should change my second favorite is the Wyldfolk (especially the Tuathan) difficult to play, with a lot of tactical variety and very rewarding.

Maybe it's my need for a "faster hammer" in order to have more tactical option that clouds my judgement on the Moloch and makes me wish for a better damage output. With wave 2 the problem might be solved with faster and more offensive-prone units.
However in a Legions warband the undead beauty is really too much costly for what it can do Smile.

Thanks again for all your help, I couldn't have wished for more Smile

Omnibus superstes Imperium est.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014 06:55 PM

Felanor Druindar Offline

Hi I'm Septimus brother. I want to say that we both play this game frequently and he uses the Moloch lots of times. Under a point of view the Moloch is very powerful when charging, but if it doesn't kill the enemy instantly, so in long and close combat it becomes weak. Giving him 5 AT instead of 4 it will be nice.

Obviously with a Necromagus or a Mortifex the Moloch is very dangerous, specially against my Wyldfolk Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 06:57 PM by Felanor Druindar.)
11-03-2014 10:38 PM

Septimus Iulius Severus Offline

In my opinion the action tokens aren't a problem, the only issue is being able to charge effectively reaching base contact. However I absolutely do not presume to request changes of the Moloch since I think my "play testing" doesn't begin to compare to the one required to release the models for the game haha Smile. I just wanted to have some pieces of advice in order to use it more effectively in an offensive way, since Mortans have lots of defensive options already.

Omnibus superstes Imperium est.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 10:38 PM by Septimus Iulius Severus.)