Love the Bisotaur Shaman
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Love the Bisotaur Shaman
10-23-2014 05:21 PM
Love the Bisotaur Shaman

crimsontree Offline

Although the model hasn't been released, I've recently been using a Bisotaur Shaman as the warlord for my Banebrood warbands. My Bisotaur Shaman is good value at 77 points.

Bisotaur Shaman - 30
Disruption Totem - 12
Staff of Mors - 10
Witchweed Extract - 7

Bulging Biceps - 4
Exoskeleton - 5
Long Legs - 9

I use him to buff my units before sending them into battle. If I take Guthackers, the Shaman gets another D6 for spells. The Staff of Mors allows a re-roll of a d6 once per round and the Disruption Totem makes the Bisotaur Shaman difficult to hit. I find over the past 6 games he's survived every game, unlike the Gorelord or Reaver Tyrant. His Beastspawn sub-faction ability helps with charges, he has a free spell-sustain per round, has a better magic ability than the Fallow Shaman and best of all is his ability to make the mutations permanent. He can make cheap units like the Maldire Mongrels or Reaver Tribesmen a lot more dangerous by pumping them up with his mutations. If a Fallow Shaman is added to the warband, the Bisotaur Shaman can also make his mutations permanent. I prefer the Bisotaur Shaman to the Gorelord & Reaver Tyrant.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014 05:25 PM by crimsontree.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2014 01:42 AM
RE: Love the Bisotaur Shaman

David Offline
Administrator

I agree with all your comments here. He is especially powerful with a supporting Fallow Shaman and lots of Reaver Tribesmen due to their Bonus for Mutation spells.
And when taking These guys it does of course make sense to take a small unit of Guthackers to act as Magic boost and Bodyguards.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2014 05:49 AM

MortanSoundwave Offline

now I believe the debuff spells that the bisotaur and the fallow shamen get are also mutations.
If that is true would that make it easier for banebrood to debuff enemy banebrood?

"I do not know what drugs the writers of the fluff were on while they were reading Robert E Howard books but they should share"-me when telling friends about the fluff of godslayer
10-24-2014 09:46 AM

Roosta Offline

i like him too. but i simply can't afford to let the gorelord at home, he is simply way too badass Big Grin

hm, maybe time for some 500+ Point Games Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2014 12:16 PM

Simon Offline
Super Moderator

(10-24-2014 05:49 AM)MortanSoundwave Wrote:  now I believe the debuff spells that the bisotaur and the fallow shamen get are also mutations.
If that is true would that make it easier for banebrood to debuff enemy banebrood?

Jep, that's the way it is. If you are frail to mutation magic you are frail to mutation magic Wink

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"
10-28-2014 03:38 PM

crimsontree Offline

Here's an offensive 399 point warband I came up with:

Bisotaur Shaman 75 points
Mutations: Bugstalk Eyes, Bulging Biceps, Long Legs
Staff of Mors
Disruption Totem
Witchweed Extract

Fallow Shaman 29 points
Mutation: Spiked Horror

Reaver Tribesmen x 10 103 points

Reaver Tribesmen x 10 103 points

Fomorian Guthackers x 4 89 points
11-05-2014 07:34 PM

rosco Offline

how can you leave your pestbringer at home?
11-05-2014 11:26 PM

crimsontree Offline

Very easily. Granny Gorelord's a fantastic babysitter. Wink