Accumulating Action Tokens

Hello!

Question 1
Can I use Mortodyn from two different Banshees on one unit to give it a total of two additional tokens? In my understanding due to the lack of "can only benefit once from tactic X" in the description (Whiplashing includes such a limitation) the answer is yes.

Question 2
Can I use two Monoliths with one Warlord, stack each Stone with two action tokens, then in the next turn leach from each one and have 10 action tokens? Considering the previous question, I would say yes.

Technically, you get a Warlord with 12 action points, with another possible D3 from the potion.

(10-21-2014, 10:26 PM)Meph Wrote:  Hello!

Question 1
Can I use Mortodyn from two different Banshees on one unit to give it a total of two additional tokens? In my understanding due to the lack of "can only benefit once from tactic X" in the description (Whiplashing includes such a limitation) the answer is yes.

Question 2
Can I use two Monoliths with one Warlord, stack each Stone with two action tokens, then in the next turn leach from each one and have 10 action tokens? Considering the previous question, I would say yes.

Technically, you get a Warlord with 12 action points, with another possible D3 from the potion.

Question 1
Yes you can.

Question 2
Yes you can.

It's a powerful combo, but costs 90 Points in minis plus the warlord's points to pull it off, plus 2 rounds of preparation depositing ACT into the Stones, during which time the warlord has only 2 ACT left.

Are you using it for Shooting with the Farfarer or Aura of Decomposing with the Lord of Decay?
Or do you have another cool strategy?

Actually, I don't mind the price, as it really gives me so many tactical options that I can really play like a patient hunter stalking his prey:
- I get two passive activations for the stones
- the stones do not add to the card count, so I can expect to get the +1 for the priority roll more often
- shooting from afar is not that effective, so I get to save tokens which would normally be used for less effective shooting in my megalithic piggy bank

So far I have only used it with the Farfarer and it is a killer once the opponent comes closer. I would also like to try out Pendragon with Bloodleaf Blades, but that will be much more trickier. The Scyther I haven't tried out yet, as I prefer to play with models that are actually released Smile

I am finding that I prefer playing without units, preferring to take Characters and Creatures. This applies to Wyldfolk and Trolloth, though.

I love games where the deciding moment boils down to the priority roll, determining who gets shiskebabed and who gets pincushioned.

Yeah, Pendragon with Bloodleaf Blades is the third clear option.