Klaxlers Warbands
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Klaxlers Warbands
10-13-2014 12:09 PM
RE: Klaxlers Warbands

Klaxler Offline

I got a flu. So there was no chance to finalize the Hammerfist. Instead I started with the rest of the Starter by painting all prime colour and put on a first wash. It was not possible to work on the details with a blocked head. Well, I now have to finish one mini per day to reach my aim on sunday. Including Bases. Wednesday is excluded, there it is planed to tinker some handy tokens.
Anyhow, I finished reading the free downloadable Rules. Cant wait to get the full Rulebook set with all that aditional stuff and fluf!

No filler, all killer, all singns lead to Godslayer at the moment. Big Grin
More to come...soon! Wink

[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1217]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2014 10:19 AM

Klaxler Offline

No further colours...I guess I will only get the bases done for Sunday so that they dont look too crappy and each area of the minis have seen some colour and shade. Maybe I can manage to get some highlights on the skin and especially faces. We will see.
But yesterdy was (again) Godlsayer day! Prime some Nordgaard, Build own tokens and had the first game. It took at least 3 1/2 yours but was definitly worth it. I lost, but having an epic battle in the end where both warlords knocked each other down was really great. Smile

[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1222]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1221]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1223]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1224]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1225]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1226]
10-16-2014 01:16 PM

Roosta Offline

nice terrain and cool Button-Tokens Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2014 01:23 PM

Belean Offline

Indeed, it was a long, but absolutely epic evening.

Now, after my first match in Godslayer (and after winnig against an experienced Warhammer player Smile ), I am highly motivated for assembling & painting my troops, buying new ones at the fair "SPIEL2014" in Essen and - of course - for fighting in many, many further battles.

Hearing the din of battle for the first time, my dwarfs won't stop, until Valhalla accords them a hearty welcome. Wink
10-17-2014 08:57 AM

Klaxler Offline

Yellow fabric on shields: Check
Skin: Check
Bases: not done yet. needs some flock and drybrush-work. But than it should be enough for sunday so far. Smile

[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1228]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1229]
10-17-2014 10:32 AM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Getting better and better. Big Grin

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
10-27-2014 12:22 PM

Klaxler Offline

Well....I took the minis to SPIEL, but there was no time for a demo. Neither for me, because the fair was just to big to spend about an hour for demo, nor on the Megalith-Crew, cause they had games running and another guys waiting for the next demo.

Nothing to worry....I could get there a few more models and just ordered the Lighteater (sold out at the fair) and two more Brutes (made a little conversion by swapping the weaponhand from left to right Big Grin). Now I spent time with assembling and decided to put a little more work into the bases. Not much, but without any stones or stuff the Oakbow-Bases would have been boring. So I started experimenting with cork and smaller stones and some broken collums made of wood plugs.
Aditionally I had to pimp the five already existing bases a little... for now i have 13 Troglodytes to be primed, the Halodynes Starter too. The Banebrood Starter is also assembled, but there I will spend some more time on the bases, making experiments with structure of cracked earth. Btw, the Moria Goblins (plastic) are Proxies for Glondah Filthlings, I made them just before the news came up that they will be released soon.

All in all I can say, that the Gnolls are not that easy to build. The packlashers whip-hand was a torture and might still be, because transport for gaming could get hard. Time will tell...soon! Big Grin

[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1230]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1231]
10-27-2014 09:46 PM

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

The bases of the Oakbows look great!

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
10-28-2014 10:04 AM

Huscarl Offline

I agree with Raoul, they look quite nice. And the Moria-Goblins are decent proxies for the filthlings, good idea!
11-05-2014 10:49 AM

Klaxler Offline

Currently I'm working on my Greyskins....for the same project at tabletopwelt.de as pfibp. Big Grin

[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1235]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1234]
[Image: attachments.php?action=attachment&id=1237]