New to Godslayer (and Banebrood)
Megalith Games - Official Forums

New to Godslayer (and Banebrood)
10-08-2014 04:43 PM
RE: New to Godslayer (and Banebrood)

Alchemist Offline

After reading David's article I actually thought that Mongrels can do some damage with stacked up buffs =) Guthackers are scheduled for purchase (to bring the warband to 350 points), however I'll likely proceed with extending the warband once I get/find more people to play with. Unfortunately none of my comrades so far joins me in my wish to try this great-looking system... In Russia skirmish is less popular then mass, with GW dominating the arena, even WM games tend to stick to 50p minimum =(
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 04:50 PM by Alchemist.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2014 01:48 AM

Phoenix Offline

Well, I know your problem, that's why I have two factions(Banebrood + Halodynes), so that I can borrow a faction to a friend. Or if there are four players, we play 2vs2, Reavers and Beastspawn against City Guard and Temple. Hell, that's fun.

Just to make sure, Mongrels deal good damage, it's just the have not that much MEL and their defense is low. If they charge for example my guthackers, you have to kill them, otherwise I need 3-4AP to wipe your unit away. And since Guthackers are immune to plagues, you can't really disable them. Since Banebrood posess a spell called Long-Legs, I don't see any great advantage using Mongrels. But if you know, what your opponent plays, Mongrels might be a good choice.

Your weakness as Banebrood are spectral creatures, since you have no valid magical option, with exception the cyclops! I ordered mine, so I can't tell, how good this creature is, but statewise, it will be hell for my opponents.

Last words, you picked a strong faction, which has interesting gameplay and cool minatures (the reason I picked them). GW is a ridiculous game, (I borrowed imperials) my general fled the first round, I played against a far more experienced player and had not the best dices, but still won, all thanks to the new codex unit, freshly released. So I will stick to Skirmish. Reavers are very funny to play, if you don't know, how to increase your Banebrood Smile
10-09-2014 09:45 AM

Alchemist Offline

I like it that Guthackers come with 5 pieces in the box =) So its already a full unit, no nonsence like "buy 2 more blisters to make it even remotely playable".

I really like how gamedevs approach the audience, expecially by talking to us here and providing advice... That's missing from many other companies out there who see people as walking wallets only, with GW leading the scene in this manner =) Their whole new "buy this new shiny box or get pwnd" style actually pushed me from them for sure...

Also, public here is pretty nice, no crasy fanboism, and quite a good number of useful advices.

I thought about reavers too, as a second sub-faction, since I have a preference for sticking to a particular theme (i.e. only Beastspawn or only Reavers). Probably if I continue (and get someone to play with), I ll try them out too =) The other thing keeping me away is the amount of minies from different systems still waiting to be pained... And i never "play gray" =)