Help Please-Shine - raising money for Cancer Research
Megalith Games - Official Forums

09-24-2014 12:54 PM

nepalese_ninja Offline

Many of us have been touched or effected by Cancer. I've had the privilege to have had a hand in helping to raise money for various charities at WPS and other events (the notorious WPS yellow dice and charity dice roll off) including The Red Cross, NSPCC and Cancer related charities. Thats down to the wargaming community that attended those events.

I'm guessing there are a lot of the community out there that have been effected or touched by Cancer in some way shape or form. Recently I buried a friend's husband who died at the age of 51 of liver cancer. My step daughter lost one of her close friends last year - she was just 30. In 1999 my mother died of cancer. I feel that I need to do something and the result is this walk.

I've taken it upon myself to try to raise £1000 for Cancer Research by taking part in the SHINE Night Walk against Cancer. Essentially its a half marathon walk. The last time I did anything like this was when I was 30 and ran the London Marathon. I was a lot lighter then and younger and fitter - some would say better looking too! More details can be found here http://shine.cancerr...org/about-shine

So if you could take some time to give something to the charity that I am raising money for to help me along my way, then I would really appreciate it. The charity is the Cancer Research UK charity.

Yesterday we made the original target of £1000. Today I raised that target to £1500.

Thanks to all so far that have supported me in raising monies for this worthy cause.

So if you have ever listened to me on any of the podcasts I have been involved in - Fools Daily, Malifools, Grumpy Wargamers and Boosted Damage, if I've made you laugh or smile, if you enjoy my company (thanks Ben!), if you've enjoyed anything I have ever had a hand in organising, if you've worked with me professionally or not and finally if you had personal experience of someone who you have lost or has suffered from cancer, then please donate.

Dig deep please and THANKS!

You can now donate via SMS in the UK
Text CEJG62 £10 to 70070 to sponsor me today.
You can donate here - https://www.justgiving.com/ItsMeConrad

HUGE THANKS!

Resistance is Futile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2014 10:00 PM
RE: Help Please-Shine - raising money for Cancer Research

Raoul Offline
Super Moderator

Note: Though we usually do not tolerate off-topic advertisement in this forum, I feel this honest charity appeal by a reputable member of the wargaming community deserves to have a place around here. So feel free to support the ninja, folks.

Smashing empires of man is a moral duty
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply