Carnage
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Carnage
08-17-2014 02:09 PM
Carnage

Ennoia Offline

Hi guys, question for you. Under the effect of carnage a unit can make slay movement following normal rules. Does it mean they have to kill a model first to be able to use it? Or is it completely additional action wchich they can do every time they charge, whatever the outcome of first charge attack?
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014 02:22 PM
RE: Carnage

spy Offline

They follow the normal rules:

If an attacking individual model (not unit models!) manages to destroy the enemy model it charged with its charge attack, it immediately gains D3 inches of free movement and one free attack of the same type as it used in the charge.

This free attack also counts as a charge attack, but the charger will not gain a second slay movement if he kills this second model with his slay-movement attack. Slay-movement is a one-time benefit during a charge.

The only difference is that with Carnage a complete unit may benefit from slay movement.
08-17-2014 02:45 PM

Ennoia Offline

David Wrote:Carnage is one of the most powerful offensive tactics in the game!!! With this, you can give every model in the unit “Slay Movement” = D3 inches free movement plus a free attack! So imagine you order Carnage to a unit of 5 Ironhide Brutes. That means you get 5X movement actions and 5X a free attack. That is effectively equal to 15 free action tokens!

That's the original source of my doubts. I understood it just like you, but in other topic David wrote about it like destroying model is not necessery.
08-17-2014 03:37 PM

spy Offline

Slay movement works as described (only in combination with charge attack and dead target).
Does not matter if it is because the model is a single model or a unit model under the influence of the effect of carnage tactic.

15 free Action Tokens is because you get an extra attack (2 for the attack of ironhide brutes) and en extra movement (1 acton token for movement).
And since it is a unit of 5 it is times 5!
So in total you get for on action token spent by the warlord 15 action tokens back.
Not a bad trade... Wink
08-17-2014 03:45 PM

Ennoia Offline

Yes, I totally understand this and the math. What I tried to say is: what David said there is not true. U get 15 free Action Tokens ONLY if you kill initial target every single time. That's huge difference to me. And that's why I started to wonder if my understanding of this tactic is right.
08-19-2014 11:39 PM

David Offline
Administrator

Sorry, that note was not meant as a rule clarification, it was simply an observation regarding the powerful nature of Carnage.

Yes the models must kill the enemy with the charge attack in order to benefit from the free movement and free attack.