Halodyne try out 300 pts
Megalith Games - Official Forums

Halodyne try out 300 pts
08-13-2014 10:12 AM
Halodyne try out 300 pts

Valek Offline

Been thinkering a long time to make a solid warband, and this is where i came up with as definite idea,
=> items on warlord can still be changed if someone has better ideas
=> tactic wise you want to use the Cannae tactic with the Hoplites as moving Anvil

1 Demarchon (42)
Bronze Spear (8)
Omegathon Spiritshield (6)
Cerberos Girdle (10)
Potion of Argathon (3)
Power Crystal (5) 74

7 Hoplites (70) (11) 81
3 Sons of War 72
3 Sons of War 72

The Demarchon will be behind the Hoplites giving tactics at the start to the units once the trap springs he is fully capable of almost slaughtering anything he touches. If needed be he can join the phalanx to make it rockhard.

The Sons of War will cover the flanks (pincers) and can take on elites on their own, or charge into a tied up unit.

The only weakpoint might be spells, so maybe i need to change the shield to the magic protection one.

Let me hear what you think? As soon as i have the models I will start using this.

Club: The Green Knight
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 10:12 AM by Valek.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2014 06:00 PM
RE: Halodyne try out 300 pts

David Offline
Administrator

That's a very solid defensive melee list.

Without a spell-caster you lose the benefit of all those Halodyne spells, but okay you still have some good tactics from the Demarchon, and the Sons of War are awesome enough without spells.

You you have both offensive and defensive capabilities with that line-up. You might suffer against a shooty or magical warband.

In some scenarios its good to have a character (Syntarch).

So for 350 point games I would definitely add one Syntarch and top up the Hoplites. Or add one priestess and a cerberos.

I prefer to play 350-600 Point games, I think that makes for a much better game.
08-14-2014 12:42 PM
RE: Halodyne try out 300 pts

Valek Offline

300 is not much to work with tbh, magic and shooting is a issue anyhow, cutting one of the units of Sons is an option, could replace it with Syntarch and Cerberos, but then I would need a Oblique line setup, might try this out as well.

Club: The Green Knight