Abyssal Shade (Obsidian Nightmare, shadow Troll)
Megalith Games - Official Forums

06-01-2014 03:48 PM

Jakail Offline

I Guys, another question for you. A model with an ability like hardened will, or another skill (or subfaction ability, or other tactis) wich negate fear/horror test, must do a fear test against Obsidian nightmare?
Otherwise, is the Abissal Shade ability similar to Dreaded ability of Einherjer (so would not work against models with rules which negate Fear/Horror tests)?

Both of them have "normally not required" in the ability's description, but some players tell me that obsidian cause fear to all, even to models with hardened will, non living or similar... So, if a unit of einherjer fight against an Obsidian Knightmare, who causes fear?

Thx again.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014 04:02 PM
RE: Abyssal Shade (Obsidian Nightmare, shadow Troll)

David Offline
Administrator

(06-01-2014 03:48 PM)Jakail Wrote:  I Guys, another question for you. A model with an ability like hardened will, or another skill (or subfaction ability, or other tactis) wich negate fear/horror test, must do a fear test against Obsidian nightmare?
YES
Otherwise, is the Abissal Shade ability similar to Dreaded ability of Einherjer (so would not work against models with rules which negate Fear/Horror tests)?

Both of them have "normally not required" in the ability's description, but some players tell me that obsidian cause fear to all, even to models with hardened will, non living or similar... So, if a unit of einherjer fight against an Obsidian Knightmare, who causes fear?
The Obsidian Nighmare would cause Fear on Einherjer, and this would NOT be negated by their Hardened Will.

The Einherjer would cause Horror on the Obsidian Nightmare because he causes Fear but this would be negated by his Hardened Will.

There will be an official errata soon about Dreaded, but for the moment, play it like this.

Thx again.
06-01-2014 04:28 PM
RE: Abyssal Shade (Obsidian Nightmare, shadow Troll)

Jakail Offline

Oh, now it's more Clear, thx again!