Moving over objects - Printable Version
Megalith Games - Official Forums
Moving over objects - Printable Version

+- Megalith Games - Official Forums (http://forums.megalith-games.com)
+-- Forum: GODSLAYER (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Rules Questions & Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Game Rules (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Moving over objects (/showthread.php?tid=3234)

Moving over objects - Alan - 12-13-2017 12:14 PM

I've read through the errata on "Objects" but I'm still not clear on exactly how the movement would be measured. Using the example in the errata of a 2" wide stone pillar. Once the model is next to the stone pillar do you simply place it on the other side and say that cost 4"? That would be simple but it doesn't seem right when you consider the width of the model's base, and how far the model would actually move. In other words a model has to move more than 2" to get completely across a 2" wide object, as it can't end on top of the object.

RE: Moving over objects - David - 01-24-2018 10:45 PM

Yes, you do simply place the model on the other side of the object in base contact and pay the ACT cost inches X2.

This we decided was the best way to regulate objects, otherwise it gets into lots of complications.

I will clarify this further in the updated rule-book coming out with the KS.

RE: Moving over objects - Alan - 01-25-2018 02:19 PM

(01-24-2018 10:45 PM)David Wrote:  Yes, you do simply place the model on the other side of the object in base contact and pay the ACT cost inches X2.

This we decided was the best way to regulate objects, otherwise it gets into lots of complications.

I will clarify this further in the updated rule-book coming out with the KS.

So if the model has MOV3 it would cost 2 ACT to move over a 2" wide object (2 x 2" = 4"). Assuming the model did not move prior to moving over the object, would it be able to move another 2" after crossing the object?