Megalith Games - Official Forums

Full Version: Knock down the rock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can I knock down the Megalith? I couldn't find the answer in rule book.
good question...it wouldn't make a lot of sense in reality, but this is a fantasy world, and a game where there is a rule for everything. It's a war machine and should be treated as such, but I can'T find anything in the books either...
I suppose it can be done. I would call it knock over instead of knock down Smile
I indeed cannot find something in the rules.
I would say it cannot be done... sorry Laurens ;-)

There should be a rule that war-machines cannot be knocked down, or would suffer something else...

I cannot imagine the rock standing up/raising/... (unless his name is Dwayne Johnson)
A catapult could not be knocked down either.
Maybe we should think of it as an interruption in it's function, not it beeing knocked down.
A bowled over rock is prevented from channeling, and its not able to stand up, so why not. The Wyrdfolk player should be protect his holy stones better isnt it.
(07-15-2014 11:10 AM)Markgrafgero Wrote: [ -> ]A bowled over rock is prevented from channeling, and its not able to stand up, so why not. The Wyrdfolk player should be protect his holy stones better isnt it.

Thats the spirit !!!! or is it stone?
(07-15-2014 10:48 AM)udunsflame Wrote: [ -> ]I indeed cannot find something in the rules.

There should be a rule that war-machines cannot be knocked down, or would suffer something else...

I cannot imagine the rock standing up/raising/... (unless his name is Dwayne Johnson)

thats why is sayd knockt over Smile I wil dimonstrate how to knock over a stone on your toe next time we meet Smile
(07-15-2014 11:24 AM)laurens Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2014 11:10 AM)Markgrafgero Wrote: [ -> ]A bowled over rock is prevented from channeling, and its not able to stand up, so why not. The Wyrdfolk player should be protect his holy stones better isnt it.

Thats the spirit !!!! or is it stone?
(07-15-2014 10:48 AM)udunsflame Wrote: [ -> ]I indeed cannot find something in the rules.

thats why is sayd knockt over Smile I wil dimonstrate how to knock over a stone on your toe next time we meet Smile

I am pretty sure that if things like the animated statue or the fleshpounders existed, they could easily knock over or otherwise take out any war machine in the game, possible even the megalith...
Well, there is nothing in the rules preventing a Megalith or a Warmachine being knocked down...so yes, they both can be knockdown and have to stand up.
My 2 Cents about this topic:

A Megalith is war machine Wink

Rulebook page 98:

There are numerous tactics, abilities, and spells which can
result in models becoming Knocked Down or stationary.
These game terms represent combatants being knocked to
the ground or made immobile.

For war machines made immobile is better.

E.g. a catapult may receive a critical hit of an Ironhide Brute.
So it has to spend an Action token to stand up.
Or better: the Crew has to spend an action token to repair it...

The Megalith may not stand up. It has no action token to spend.
(or better: there is no "Crew" to raise the Megalith).
So if you knock down a Megalith it is useless (may not raise up / is not allowed to do passive activations / may do nothing active until it is raised up).
Ok. it is still blocking the way with it's base. Like big (non-Magic!) rock. Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's